Total Pageviews

Friday, June 10, 2011

Recovery

I wish I could say I had some writing to post, or some art after my long absence.  Alas, I do not.  I was really sick and I'm just coming to realize how out of it I was.  I'm feeling better now thankfully, so I hope I can make some good forward progress on any or all of my projects. 

There are two things I can claim I managed to do.  I finished making all the squares for the rainbow blanket.  I have begun putting them on the main blanket, which will be nearly as arduous as the making of the 160 some odd granny squares.  This puts me on the home stretch for the rainbow blanket and I can see the finish line.  It's still a ways out but I am that much closer to starting the costume. 

I also just finished my second book of the year!  This may seem like a very small thing to anyone else, but to me it's a huge deal.  I have not finished a book in a long time.  A combination of depression and little time have made me a collector of books, not a reader of books.  This year for my resolution (which I never make, but this year I did) I resolved to read at least three books.  I am now done with two and feeling darn proud of myself.  I can feel myself coming out of the tunnel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment