Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mojo Magic

Yesterday was a bad day.  And my mood proved it.  But even through my murderous glances and grumbling to myself, I still managed to do some magic for myself.

My roommate was sick and because she was mostly in her room I went to hide myself away so that my bad mood wouldn't kill anyone else.  Giving myself actual alone time brought about some awesome stuff. First of all I put away my laundry.  *gasp*  I know, I could hardly believe it myself.  More importantly however, I did some art.  Yes, real honest to goodness art.  Not just some piddly little doodle for a dress design or anything.  It was two pictures that took up the whole bloody page!  I was so proud of them.  It's the first thing I've really drawn, with real concerted effort, in a very long time.  Just like getting to finish that book, I feel amazing for having done not one, but two pieces of art yesterday.   Sure I wasn't writing, but drawing counts sometimes for more.  Especially when one does not have the use of her drawing table because it's currently a sewing table/catch all. 

What I need to do now is get the two pictures scanned in and cleaned up.  I took pictures of them with my phone but the quality is not that hot.  Plus they look like they're in sepia tone.  :D  I do want to get them scanned in and cleaned up, that way I can actually post something to my art page.  Woo!  Go me.  I 'm just starting to break down the dam walls that are surrounding my creativity.  There's nothing better than that.  Mind you I'm doing it with a toothpick but hey, I got a couple drops of water out so I'm making progress.  :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment